- Civil Registration Index entries for Births, Marriages and Deaths in England and Wales
- A selection of birth, marriage and death entries in parish records in England and Wales
- Census returns for England 1841, 1851, 1861, 1871, 1881, 1891, 1901 and 1911
- Census returns for Wales for 1841, 1851, 1861, 1871, 1881, 1891, 1901 and 1911
- 1939 register for England and Wales
- Extracts from a selection of Probate records indices for England and Wales
- Census records for Ireland – 1901 and 1911
- Tithe applottment records for Ireland
- Griffith Valuation records for County Limerick, Ireland
- Dog licence applicants for Ireland
- Census returns for Scotland: 1851, 1861, 1871, 1881, 1891, 1901, 1911
- Military service in World War 1 – medals, pension records and soldiers killed in action from nations within the Commonwealth.
- Military service in World War 2 – soldiers/sailors/air personnel killed in action from nations within the Commonwealth
Looking for an ancestor?
I’m using these records to build family groups and trees. Some of those can be found on the Family Tree page on this site.
If you’re looking for an individual ancestor, just click on the link called “Search the Records” in the menu bar. That will take you to my database where you can search by surname or by family.
Points to remember….
I have excluded from the database details about people who may still be living. The rule I follow is that I include the individual name only:
- if I have evidence the person is deceased or
- the individual was born more than 100 years ago
While I’ve done my best to check that the information is accurate, there may be some errors or omissions. If you do find any please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org so that I can update the site.